Wales Millennium Centre
Opened in 2004 by Queen Elizabeth II, The Wales Millennium Centre (WMC) is one of the UK’s leading arts centres. To support its theatres, halls, studios and performance spaces, the WMC has a number of hospitality outlets that range from cafés, and bars through to the prestigious ffresh restaurant that serves the finest of Welsh cuisine.
The challenge: A disparate operation, with no centralised management or cost control
Solution: pointOne EPoS - a company with ‘energy, ambition and passion’
The venue embarked on a search for a new EPoS solution that would centralise its operation and introduce a high level of business control. After a rigorous selection process involving many different vendors, WMC finally
selected a solution from pointOne. Gareth explains, “We selected pointOne because they offered the solution we needed, were local, and demonstrated an energy, ambition and passion about our business that was not present in the other vendors we spoke with.”
"The implementation of pointOne has been a revelation. The system has introduced a high level of control into our business, integrating all our food & beverage outlets into a single process. pointOne has proved to be highly efficient at managing our resources, resulting in a 3% Gross Profit increase to our bottom line."
Results: "a 3% GP increase to our bottom line"
The pointOne solution has made a major impact on WMC’s ability to control its F&B business. Gareth explains, “The implementation of pointOne has been a revelation. The system has introduced a high level of control into our business, integrating all our food & beverage outlets into a single process. pointOne has proved to be highly efficient at managing our resources, resulting in a 3% Gross Profit increase to our bottom line. This has delivered additional revenues for the charity and provided a very quick return on our investment”.
Gareth sums up the relationship with pointOne so far: “The relationship with pointOne has been a truly organic long-term partnership. We operate on a values based system of improvement, inspiration and performance and pointOne fit this model perfectly. We are very demanding, yet the collaboration between the two organisations has met all our expectations. The support we have received has been fantastic.”
In summary, pointOne delivered the following:
- A controlled centralised operation that has produced a 3% increase in Gross Profit
- Real time multi-department Stock Control solution
- Interval Ordering Solution
- Fast EPoS to deal with peak time traffic
- Integration with Great Plains / MS Dynamics for streamlined sales and stock reporting into the WMC central accounting package
- Integration with Tessitura the WMC box office ticketing system – allowing integration for loyalty and promotions, online restaurant reservations and deposit handling
- Handhelds with built-in interval ordering feature to enable the WMC team to upsell and increase revenues.